Major remodeling is underway at Luther Memorial!
- To improve hospitality by eliminating physical obstacles to engagement and evangelism
- To enhance young family ministry in response to a growing demand
- To address next steps in nave restoration
- To support current and new neighbor outreach programs to university students and the community.
- East Wing: A full renovation of 3 of the 4 floors in the 1958 education “east” wing including: new space for infants, children, youth and Sunday school; offices; and a social ministry floor, potentially for a student-oriented food pantry and Caring Closet. Hospitality will be dramatically improved with wheelchair-accessible bathrooms, updated and efficient heating and cooling systems, a new east wing roof, updated fire and security system, and a new elevator accessible to all 4 floors.
- Nave: A new, free-standing altar platform to replace our decades-old “temporary” and ailing platform, and renovations to the rear balcony. Upgrades and improvements include a new sound system, air conditioning, lighting, and flooring.
Construction began in May 2017 with an expected completion date of October 15, 2017. Save the date for a special dedication on Sunday, October 29.
Click to view before and after photos of the construction as it happens.
Talk to a member of the Phase 1 Building Task Force.