At 1021 University Avenue, Luther Memorial stands in a vibrant urban context. We are at almost the geographic center of the University of Wisconsin – Madison, within a one-mile walk to the Wisconsin State Capitol and two blocks north of the Southwest bike path. Our location makes us an easy bike, bus or car ride and is within walking distance to many downtown residents.
PARKING ALERT: Grainger Hall garage
Sunday, Nov. 5
The Grainger Hall parking garage in the UW School of Business will charge event rate ($15) for parking due to a UW men’s basketball game at 4 pm. Event rates may be in effect by noon. This event will affect parking for our All Saints Sunday Choral Evening Prayer.
- Luther Memorial’s parking garage is beneath the Lutheran Campus Center off Conklin Place. On Sunday morning and during special services, the garage is reserved for those who have difficulty walking.
- UW parking lots: the Grainger Hall parking ramp, accessible from Brooks St., is free on Sundays, except during special events on campus. Parking fees apply Monday-Saturday. UW lots 45, 55, 56, 61 and 86 are free and open to the public after 4:30 on weekdays and all day Saturday and Sunday. Click here to view an interactive map of UW Madison parking lots. Parking availability may be affected by UW football, basketball and hockey events.
- Street parking: Metered street parking is available on Brooks and Mills Streets. All street parking on Mills and Brooks, including unmetered spaces on the east side of Mills Street, is free on Sundays and city holidays. Click here to view a map of Madison city-operated parking ramps.
- Parking garage: Two disability/handicap permit parking spaces are available in the parking garage. The church entrance from the parking garage is equipped with an automatic door opener.
- University Ave: The courtyard entrance (east of the main entrance) is handicap accessible, but there is no automatic door opener.
Luther Memorial is easily accessible by bike or bus. The Southwest/Greenbush bike path, which connects to the Capital City State Trail, is just two blocks south of Luther Memorial. Bike racks are located in the parking garage at the north end and on the west terrace of the Lutheran Campus Center. Buses on Madison Metro’s routes 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8 serve the area seven days a week. If you would like a ride to church, contact the church office, (608) 258-3160, to make arrangements.
> Find your bus route on the Madison Metro Transit website.
Luther Memorial offers parking spots for lease at Grand Central Apartment’s parking garage Monday-Friday, 7 am-5 pm only, during the academic term. The garage is located at the northeast corner of Mills and Johnson streets. Please contact email@example.com for information.